Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dome of the Rock, Orson Hyde, Gethsemane

The Dome of the Rock. This view isn't from my balcony although I can see it from there. In fact, I've seen the Dome of the Rock from about every angle except up close. You can only get up on the Temple Mount during a short window of time, but I'll get there. There's so much to see. The next picture of the yellow flower is from the Orson Hyde Park, and, doesn't really show much of the park. I didn't like any of my other pictures of it. The last picture is in the Garden of Gethsemane. We went there today, since it's Shabbat. Off to Egypt, see you when I get back.

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Susan said...

Matt! I had no idea you were in the holy land. What a great opportunity. Thanks for sharing!
xoxox
Susie

Susan said...

How long will you be there?

A said...

What do you know, I check out the blog and my own brother that I haven't heard from since he left is now posting like a madman on the blog. I've never seen this much blogging activity from you EVER (besides Facebook of course!) Do you have a phone number I can text you at? International texts are only 30 cents internationally! LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt! How fun to see your pictures and hear from you! Have a wonderful time and we can't wait to see you in the Fall.

Love, Mimi