Saturday, October 11, 2008

Halloween Bash











This was the first annual Stott Family Halloween Party. The Ures and Millers joined us along with Linda and Katie. Beth had recieved her fairy skirt and wings before the party and kept asking Grandma to fix the wings so they were real! We had the same problem with the magic wand. What a disappointment not to have it work properly! Oh well! Everyone quickly rallied, that is, until Katie arrived in her Ariel costume! Bethany wanted to be Ariel. Easy going Katie simply traded her, and all was well. Rebekah Rose came as a strawberry and Joshua left his tiger at home, so everyone thought it would be funny to let him be Superman. (I think this is probably Mimi's costume. Do you want it back, under the circumstances?)
Dinner included Parmesan Chicken with delicious Pesto Pumpkin Pasta, made with basil from the garden. Dessert was Ghosts in a Graveyard.
The children enjoyed Halloween Bingo and Halloween Memory, followed by a Fish Pond, while James, Nate and Will carved pumpkins, then it was lights out for some Halloween songs and finger plays in the light of the glowing Jack-0-lanterns. We appreciate everyone who traveled to attend and were so glad to have the Nielsens here. Happy Halloween!

6 comments:

Katie said...

How fun. I remember wearing that superman costume. When I find the picture I will scan it and put it on here so you can see me in it!

Anonymous said...

What a fun, fun time! Somehow I can never get up the enthusiasm for Halloween that others do. And at work I wear the same Japanese komono every year when our doctors insist that we dress up for the children (if we have clinic on Halloween day). What a nice tradition and fun for all. It's great to see those well-loved faces of all present. I love you all.

xoxocyhunsaker

Anonymous said...

Of course the little kids are darling but keep up this tradition and what they will really appreciate when they get older ( and believe me I am OLDER so I should know) ...they will appreciate that those OLD folks who planned such an occasion, and the OLD folks who carved pumpkins, made it fun for those little children. It's having the whole family participating with LOVE that makes it really special.An OLD auntie should know.A good fairy did wave her magic wand. Here are the pictures to prove it.

Jen I said...

Pesto pumpkin pasta, huh? And it was good? Would be interesting to try.

Yeah, thanks mom. That must be where I also get my non-enthusiasm for Halloween.

Susan said...

Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate the perspective of the "old auntie" who knows and the kind remark about the good fairie with the magic wand!
The pumpkin pasta wasn't pumpkin flavored pasta but pasta in the shape of Jack-0-lanterns and leaves, etc, Does that sound any better?

Stefanie Miller said...

Thanks for the wonderful weekend, Mom! Jane says her favorite part was popping balloons and singing the songs inside the balloons. My favorite part was probably the delicious food... big surprise.