Monday, February 02, 2009

Helicopter Pilot

Nate has begun training to become a helicopter pilot so Steve and I went to see what it was like. On Saturday we got our first glimpse of the black dragonfly that carries our son around the city, and met one of his flight instructors.

There were four helicopters ready to take off. Each time one started up it felt as if the wind chill factor dropped the temperature 20 degrees! Steve and I had to climb inside to warm up!
















Nate has to check off all sorts of things, and all the buttons and switches before they can take off. Here you go!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lookin' good! -Galen

Anonymous said...

How exciting for everyone.Happy future flying, Nate.

Anonymous said...

How exciting for everyone.Happy future flying, Nate.

Anonymous said...

Way cool!

Much love, cyh

P.S. I guess I won't see you delivering at PCMC any more? Well, of course not, I would not be there. You still may, and I will miss you.

xoxocyhunsaker

Jen I said...

That is SO cool!

Stefanie Miller said...

I am so glad Nate is following his dreams!

Katie said...

That is incredible. How fun!