Over a year ago Marc and I went to dinner at David and Shauna's and uncle David pulled out pictures of the cradle he had made. Marc was very interested in making the cradle someday and that day finallycame when I was 4 months pregnant--7 months later he finished it. It's gorgeous and I couldn't be more impressed with his hidden talents that keep showing up the longer we are married. He used curly maple for the panels, maple for the spindles and jatoba (brazilian cherry) for the rest. I helped him with the wax finish/polish, some sanding and the casters. I can only do so much when it comes to making cradles. We are very happy with how it turned out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What a treasure! You should be very proud of yourself, Marc. It is beautiful. You gave little Gracie your very best! Good helping, Katie, and thanks for posting the pictures. Love, Mom
Oh my goodness! It is a treasure. . . and so are all of you! Thanks for the inspiration.
And it looks like it will last forever. Beautiful job! And to think the pattern got "handed down in the family."
Love, Carolyn H.
That is so awesome! Good Job Marc and Katie! Keep the pattern on hand. We could use it... In like 15 years. ;)
It's so neat that Marc loves to do things like that. It probably won't be the last treasure he makes for your family!
Post a Comment