Sunday, March 09, 2008

Machine


Seriously, my mom is a machine. Ryan and I have no idea how she can go on so little sleep! She took most of the night shifts while she was here, almost never took a nap, and seemed far more with it than we did! Plus we ate fabulously for the last two weeks - balanced healthy meals and snacks, and not so healthy snacks when I felt like that too. Lasagna, roasts, bbq pork, chicken pot pie, pumpkin chocolate chip bread, coconut pound cake....

She just left yesterday, and we're already feeling the effects! I would recommend her to anyone with a new baby, only I won't as I need her to spend the next few year recovering so she can be ready for the next go-around!

Luckily all our helpers will be bringing their varied talents to share - Shauna, the wonderful baby nurse will be here next week, and Julie, Cash's favorite (he's very good at saying Ju-wee) will be here in a few more weeks. (She's also super organized and clean - I'm sure that could come in handy :)

Watching home videos on the computer with Cash (his favorite thing to do), and doing a little cooking with Grandma:
And even though I posted a picture of the bedding she made on my blog, it's so worth posting again!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Because I get 8 hours of sleep every other night of my life, I must have a sleep bank storage. It was delightful to work in a kitchen with delightful healthy foods, and everything in its place. Why is it that I come home from my daughters and daughters-in-law's homes and have to start cleaning my own cupboards! Jen was so organized. And, you see, that I also got a cut and color while I was there, besides all the hugging and cuddling of three darling boys.

xoxocyh

Susan said...

I loved the haircut, Carolyn! What beautiful boys. Congratulations.
Love,
Susie

Anonymous said...

After your terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day yestereday, (on your blog) I was glad to see this one and that there will be another "go round" in a few years! Oh but wait this was written first. No, I know that, but after 2, 1 will be a breeze. Sure love you! Can't wait for my turn.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us all posted with everything you have going on! You are much better at that than I am. I love seeing your pictures and everything you write. I hope today is as good as yesterday was bad...one nice thing about this unpredictable first few weeks is that a bad day/night can be followed by a great one... at least with one baby =). They sure are precious in their pictures!