

I am going
to try my hand at identifying faces in pictures and hoping the writing ends up anywhere near the pictures. First picture- three generations, LeJeune, Katya and Kristina; second Milanka, Alex, Katya, Peter, Peter's mother, Carol Jane, who lives in Minneapolis, Kristina, Lejeune; third picture, Katya and Crabapple Tree - a very popular spot for picture taking on graduation day; and fourth, Katya's house with Milanka, Alex and LeJeune.

to try my hand at identifying faces in pictures and hoping the writing ends up anywhere near the pictures. First picture- three generations, LeJeune, Katya and Kristina; second Milanka, Alex, Katya, Peter, Peter's mother, Carol Jane, who lives in Minneapolis, Kristina, Lejeune; third picture, Katya and Crabapple Tree - a very popular spot for picture taking on graduation day; and fourth, Katya's house with Milanka, Alex and LeJeune.
LeJeune and Kristina have recently returned from a trip to Minneapolis where Katya received her PhD in neuroscience from the University o f Minnesota on Friday, May 8th. This visit included seeing Katya's darling home, of which LeJeune said, "It is sprintime there so bright green leaves were popping out and crabapple trees are masses of pink blossoms. Lilacs were coming out and Katya has some in her yard and violets in cracks between concrete squares of the patio and in the lawn. They have lillies of the valley, peonies, raspberry bushes, a veggie garden with lettuce already coming up. Peter loves gardening. He had just bought a bunch of stuff to plant.
Katya fixed mushroom quiche for us for Mother's day and we had sliced straqberries and kiwi fruit attractively displayed plus some unbeatable French pastrires and croissants that are the best I ever tasted. One day we went to Katya's lab and she showed us what she had been doing . She very carefully explained the purpose and work and findings so that we can sort of understand."
Katya fixed mushroom quiche for us for Mother's day and we had sliced straqberries and kiwi fruit attractively displayed plus some unbeatable French pastrires and croissants that are the best I ever tasted. One day we went to Katya's lab and she showed us what she had been doing . She very carefully explained the purpose and work and findings so that we can sort of understand."
Congratulations to beautiful Katya, who I understand from her grandmother, doesn't just look beautiful with a brain to match, but sings beautifully as well! Well done!
7 comments:
Wow. Congratulations indeed! Thank goodness I was a biology major so I at least know what neuroscience IS! Although I can't imagine what you would have to KNOW to have a PhD in it! So fun to see pictures of everyone. Thanks for posting.
Thanks Jen. I love seeing your pictures too, they always speak volumes!
What a great surprise to find this entry on the blog! WOW! Congratulations Katya!!!! That is so exciting!!!!! I loved the pictures. Especially the 3 generation one. That's exactly what I thought when I saw it! What a treasure! Aunt LeJeune, you look great! Well you all do!!!! But so exciting to see Aunt LeJeune, still out loving and supporting the family, like always!!!! LOVE TO YOU ALL!!!!
Julie
Julie
Thanks Susie for all the great and loving work you do getting stories and photos on the blog. You do a great job and it is really appreciated.
LeJeune
I must have been dead to have missed this post! Too much yard work! I haven't even checked on the baby peregrine falcons at the Joseph Smith Building in the last four days.
Many, many congratulations to Katya. I opened up every picture to large to enjoy it fully. Everyone looked wonderful - absolutely everyone! What a great event.
Much love to all, Carolyn
I just realized where I have been! I am on page 649 of 736 of Anna Karenina, enjoying it immensely but trying to get to the end. What a huge book. I am enjoying it, but wonder that Tolstoy has to talk about and explain and so beautifully describe every single aspect of the lives, habits, surroundings, homes, music, painting, politics, etc., etc., etc. of all the participants.
Relieved to find out I am not dead after all and have not been out of town -- just out of it!
xoxocyhunsaker
I read Tolstoy's War and Peace freshman year of college... it definitely could be consuming. I loved it though.
katya
Post a Comment