Will looked like he was wearing pants he'd worn in the 6th grade! His room mate was a good sport to come in for a picture, but "Aaagh!!!!!" He was scarry!
Angela and Stefanie dressed up in Henrietta's dancing dresses and crystal beads, with Stefanie wearing Henrietta's mink stole and Angela in Aunt Clara's mink jacket. I remember Mother wearing these dresses, which means she had already given birth to 8 children
and was in her 40's. I would sit on her bed and watch her get ready, while my stomach ache grew and grew. . . my mommy was leaving for the evening:(! She would console, "But Susie! Mary and Kathryn and Martha and Robert will all be home"! "They're not you!" I would sob! These lovely dresses were snug on my slim daughters. Three cheers for Henrietta!
6 comments:
Aw! Those dresses are fabulous!
Will and his friend don't seem like the "snack-size" candy bar type so it's probably a good thing they didn't come trick or treating at our house. They would make a couple of good bodyguards though. Looks like a fun evening.
Now you just need a tea party at which to wear the mink. When Lacey turned 4 or 5, we all dressed up for a tea party and I remember borrowing Verda Hayes's furs. We looked splendid, just as these girls do.
xoxocyh
I always wondered what happened to grandmas clothes! I'm sure she's got some fabulous frocks, thanks for the show and tell!
Wow, Susie
Your son looks like he should be in the band...
Guns and Roses....and he doesn't look like anyone
I ever saw while I was in Utah...or I might of stayed
longer..ha ha...Just Joking...(do you think they might of switched babies while your were in the hospital?
he he....
Hey Celia! Great to hear from you! Funny you should ask about a hospital switch. When Steve brought Will to my room I honestly thought he was joking and had pulled a switch on me! He didn't look like he was one of ours! But then he turned out to be the only one of our children to resemble the Young side of the family. Who knew?
Post a Comment