Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Happiness

Today was Jane's 4th birthday. It was a happy day. I am trying not to indulge my children in their every whim, even if I am capable of doing so. However, it is a great source of joy to me to give them what they desire, so this birthday was nice because for one day I could pull out all the stops. Jane got everything she wanted. Good thing she is not really greedy. She wanted Beth and Josh and family there. They came. (Look at Joshie's face. What a sweet little guy.) She wanted a treasure hunt. Check. She wanted a fish pond. Check. She wanted pizza for dinner. Check. She wanted a flower cake and strawberry ice cream. Double check. It was fun being the grantor of her wishes.

The flower cake and presents, in princess wrapping paper of course (another wish)


Like many children, Jane enjoys taking pictures. I am glad she does, because as I look through my camera and see the things she has taken pictures of, I learn more about her. For example:
Her precious bunny, dressed in sister's clothes and all tucked into sister's carseat, with a cozy pillow behind. She takes such good care of her animals, especially bunny, and is constantly dressing them, wrapping them in blankets, tucking them in strollers, feeding them in high chairs, and doing anything else she sees me do with babies (include nursing in days gone by). I love seeing her feminine nature expressing itself.

New pink sparkly winter coat. Looks like I scored on this one!


Flowers.

Birthday chain. See her little gold-shoes toes at the bottom of the picture?

Rebekah woke up from her nap last week all sweaty with her hair matted like this. Jan said she looked like a blond skunk with the combed-forward mohawk down the middle. What a sweetie.

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely Happy Birthday Story with such sweet snapshots from both mother and daughter. Happy Birthday Jane from Great-grand Aunt LeJeune.

Susan said...

Mm.m.m.y.y.y.y.yyy! What a happy day! Sweet pictures! Can't wait to see you all!
xoxox~

Jen I said...

That's fun to be able to have your kids want fun things that aren't too demanding. I bet she was so happy! Love the cake!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart she is! Happy Birthday, Jane.

xoxoAunt Carolyn

Anonymous said...

What a fun-filled day for Jane and that cake, wow, looks scrumptious!

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post. Love the pictures and the commentary.

A said...

You are the cutest mom! We had so much fun with you guys down there and are so sorry we didn't make it over Sunday. Time got away from us trying to get all packed and cleaned up to go. I think we ended up with jane's pink sweatshirt somehow, so I need to drop it in the mail. happy birthday sweet girl!