Thank you for sharing the happy event. Congratulations! When I look at Martha's and my shoes I remember Mother always purchased shoes with "room to grow". My memory of this happy event includes being driven around in the back seat of a car getting more and more carsick until finally I threw up in the shoe of one of the bride's maids, which was lying on the floor of the car. I also remember Mother, sometime during the reception, asking Aunt Mary to take me home and put me to bed. I whined that I didn't want to go and Aunt Mary whined that she didn't want to go either! I asked in wonder, "Can my mommy tell you what to do, too?" Apparently. . . we both went home, and I went to bed.
Fun to hear about others' experiences at my wedding. Who knew? I just remember two mistakes, asking the serving girls, girls my age, just the night before! Who wants to do that at their age on short notice? I also wanted the napkins to have a simply H. That is exactly what we got - it was about 1/4" high. I guess I really wanted a lovely scrolled H of a much larger size, but did not make my wishes clear. xoxocyh
I can still picture Aunt Mary's face when she said she didn't want to go either! But I had completely forgotten it until you mentioned it! She was SO funny!
Also, LeJeune mentioned in another post that she remembered the tall handsome young men carrying gifts. I remember Duane telling me that was part of the job of the groomsmen and it seems like Duane orchestrated the taking home of gifts at every wedding he attended!
3 comments:
Thank you for sharing the happy event. Congratulations!
When I look at Martha's and my shoes I remember Mother always purchased shoes with "room to grow".
My memory of this happy event includes being driven around in the back seat of a car getting more and more carsick until finally I threw up in the shoe of one of the bride's maids, which was lying on the floor of the car.
I also remember Mother, sometime during the reception, asking Aunt Mary to take me home and put me to bed. I whined that I didn't want to go and Aunt Mary whined that she didn't want to go either! I asked in wonder, "Can my mommy tell you what to do, too?" Apparently. . . we both went home, and I went to bed.
Fun to hear about others' experiences at my wedding. Who knew? I just remember two mistakes, asking the serving girls, girls my age, just the night before! Who wants to do that at their age on short notice? I also wanted the napkins to have a simply H. That is exactly what we got - it was about 1/4" high. I guess I really wanted a lovely scrolled H of a much larger size, but did not make my wishes clear.
xoxocyh
I can still picture Aunt Mary's face when she said she didn't want to go either! But I had completely forgotten it until you mentioned it! She was SO funny!
Also, LeJeune mentioned in another post that she remembered the tall handsome young men carrying gifts. I remember Duane telling me that was part of the job of the groomsmen and it seems like Duane orchestrated the taking home of gifts at every wedding he attended!
Post a Comment