Monday, August 30, 2004
Camp
So I just got back from girl's camp. Our stake is sure interesting! Besides being somewhat more disorganized than I'm used to, out of 9 wards and branches that make up our stake, 5 are Spanish speaking. Some of the leaders don't even speak english at all. Our ward is also interesting to work with because there are a lot of white girls from up-scale Scarsdale, and then a lot of black girls from less wealthy areas and it's interesting to see how they mix, or don't mix as the case may be. Anyway, overall it was a good time and we had a lot of fun, but it was definitely eye-opening! I called Ryan half way through and told him that our children were not allowed to go through the teenage phase.... :) I have much more sympathy now for all of you who have been through that!!!! This week the Republican National Convention is here, so hopefully it's not too eventful of a week as far as security is concerned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment