Welcome to the Young Family blog! To catch you up on the Hunsakers, we recently had our family get together in Fish Lake, thanks to our neighbors and the Hayes family. All but Cory were in attendance and we had a great time. Ryan and I spent the summer in Maryland, living about a block from the D.C. Temple. Ryan was doing eye research at the National Institutes of Health there and was able to get some good experience. Katie Eggertsen visited us there for a day and we had lots of fun and I was lucky to have someone to go sightseeing with. Now we're back in New York for Ryan's second year of med school. He did incredibly well last year getting honors in all his classes except biochemistry where he missed the honors mark by half a percentage point. He wants to go into opthalmology - possibly plastic surgery of the eye or corrective eye surgery. It's a very competitive field so we're lucky he's done so well here. Next week I will be going to girl's camp with the Young Women, since I'm the ward camp director this year. I am still working from home - meaning I'm either home or traveling to train doctors on using medical software. It's worked out nicely since when I'm home there's not always much to do but I still get paid. So I've spent most of the week reorganizing our 600 square foot basement - that is, of course, far more expensive than it should be. But that's New York for you. Anyway, we're hoping for a good year and we love to have visitors (if you don't mind small spaces)!
Thursday, August 19, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment