
Shauna came to my class yesterday and taught them an art lesson on Georges Seurat's La Grande Jatte. It was so much fun and I will be sure to teach it in the future. She brought a fun book that told interesting facts about the painting and then the kids colored on sand paper and we ironed it on another piece of paper so it looked like pointilism. It was so much fun and far better than listening to the constant tapping of markers. The kids could not stop raving about how much fun they had and how pretty my cousin is after she left! Also...


about two years ago Martha gave me these beautiful curtains that she was going to give to DI. I took them since I seem to never be able to throw things away and I finally put them up two nights ago. They look great and match our condo perfectly. Yes, that is a jackalope next to the beautiful curtain. After Marc's grandma died when he was 7 years old he was told he could take something to remember her by. He chose the jackalope. I was thinking maybe he chose it because he was so young and knew no better, but nope, I'm pretty sure he would have chosen to take that if he was 37. I am still shocked I allowed him to put a hole in the wall for that hairy monster.

Marc just read this and wants me to add, "anyone not cultured enough to appreciate a good taxidermy joke like my jackalope shouldn't be allowed to touch my Aloysius!" I don't touch him.
7 comments:
Fun, Kate! Thanks for sharing...xoxo Mom
I've have touched the jackalope, and I'd touch him again. I've also flung a screaming monkey at him.
fortunately i've never touched the jackalope. i have shot a pellet gun at him though.
What fun entries! Great curtains. Happy jackalope. It was so fun to see you on the weekend at Zac's homecoming.
xoxocyhunsaker
What fun entries! Great curtains. Happy jackalope. It was so fun to see you on the weekend at Zac's homecoming.
xoxocyhunsaker
Don't worry - my mom sent me to see some of our relatives in Canada that ARE taxidermists. Totally creepy looking into a fridge full of animal heads. Sorry, it's not just in Marc's genes.
Where do I sign up for Shauna to teach art in my classroom? Awesome!
Post a Comment