Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Choice Humanitarian - Guatemala
I don't know if you've been reading about the plane crash in Guatemala that involved some of the Choice Humanitarian people, but Walfred and Javier Rabanales were the in country directors for Guatemala. They made all the arrangements and did all the cooking for the groups. Will and Jan knew and loved them. . . Here's a link to one of the Deseret News articles about them. (If I don't know how to get a link to work just copy and paste the following address: http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700254050,00.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
One of the survivors is in my mom's ward. She can tell more I guess. So sad.
Susie, I couldn't make your long link work so went directly to desnews.com/articleGuatamalacrash. It's a real tragedy and I certainly do sympathize with Jan and Will. A great tragedy for that country.
Susie,
Today in church our Bishop talked about Walfred and Javier Rabanales and what an impact they have had on his life! As he was speaking I kept thinking I bet these are the exact same people Susie was talking about. Sounds like they were incredible people who touched so many lives! If we could all follow their example!
Julie
Post a Comment