Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer Vacation...

...one of the great benefits of my job. Williamsburg, VA
Highlights:
Jamestown
Chesapeake Bay
Cape Henry Lighthouse

Ireland
Highlights:
Waterford Crystal Factory
Sheep (yes, the animals)
Blarney Castle

NOT Highlights:
French Fries served with everything

New York City
Highlights:
Yankees Game (the same day we returned from Ireland)
Mets Game
A Chorus Line
Damn Yankees

Ellis Island



Boston
Highlight:
Sticking to the Freedom Trail at all costs



Ventura
Highlight:
Eggertsen Reunion

Not highlights:
Driving in the van
Neglecting to take any good pictures of the reunion


Maui
Highlights:
Sunsets
Road to Hana
My sister!

Not a highlight:
Sunrise/Cloud viewing at Haleakala



Utah
Highlights:
Too many great times with family to list!!

Not a highlight...
very few pictures

Fortunately, Matt asked that we take singles after the group shot above, so we did get this gem.

12 comments:

Jen I said...

Awesome. So jealous! Ryan and I were just lamenting the other day how we miss the single life and doing whatever we wanted. Live it up!

So many places I love too. NY, Yankees games, Boston, Freedom Trail, but never been to your out of the country ones!

Katie said...

How fun. I'm excited to see all of your pictures. Love you sister!

Susan said...

What great pictures. I love the green Ireland shot and the beach picture should be entered in a contest! The colors are beautiful and the scene delightful. What a fabulous summer! Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Such great adventures you have experienced; the zenith being a reunion of our summer siblingship at Katie and Marc's.

My favorite picture is Marcus's unwavering from the Freedom Trail. No man shall block his path to freedom....

Anonymous said...

@#@#$%?!! Why cannot I click on the photos and make them larger to see who is in them? They all look wonderful!

The only Utah survivor of that terrible, ill-fated Guatemala trip was my neighbor, Dan Liljenquist, whose wife was in Church with all 5 little ones under 8 on Sunday, going out with one or two of the children about four times. How they needed him! As I drove to work Monday morning, KSL was in front of her house, and she gave a great interview about the terrible crash, and how she had to explain to her children that daddy was all right, but some children would not have their daddies return home alive. So terribly sad. CHOICE has a stellar reputation from all I've heard; that is the group with whom Jen went to Africa, and quite a few other people I know.
cyhunsaker

Anonymous said...

@#@#$%?!! Why cannot I click on the photos and make them larger to see who is in them? They all look wonderful!

The only Utah survivor of that terrible, ill-fated Guatemala trip was my neighbor, Dan Liljenquist, whose wife was in Church with all 5 little ones under 8 on Sunday, going out with one or two of the children about four times. How they needed him! As I drove to work Monday morning, KSL was in front of her house, and she gave a great interview about the terrible crash, and how she had to explain to her children that daddy was all right, but some children would not have their daddies return home alive. So terribly sad. CHOICE has a stellar reputation from all I've heard; that is the group with whom Jen went to Africa, and quite a few other people I know.
cyhunsaker

A said...

I agree with Carolyn. $&*(@&(#%!!!!. I want to see those beauties nice and large! Anyways, it's not like you have enough to do now that school has started. I had a blast with you at the cabin. Thanks for putting up with me, it was nice to have some girl talk!

Love ya!

Liz said...

hm, i don't know how to make it so you can click on the pictures. i adjusted the html code to 400, so they're a little larger, but other than that, i'm clueless. anyone?

the cabin was great, ade! fun to spend time with you, your kids, and of course martha!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, great summer fun, great daughter! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Blessings upon your head for make the photos gorgeous and large so even the elderly can enjoy!
xoxocyh

Anonymous said...

Actually, the joke is on me. I went to work and looked at your photos and they were so much bigger on my 21-inch monitor - I thought you had enlarged them.
It was great to see who was in the photos, though.

xoxocyhunsaker

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, Liz! What fun!