Monday, December 01, 2008

Stake Christmas Fireside

I know this is a busy time of year so only mention this if someone has a slow Sunday night and doesn't want to spend it recuperating at home (which I can't imagine)! Every year our stake does a great Christmas fireside with about 10 musical numbers and a speaker after the first five. Our Stake Music Leader has delightfully eclectic taste so we always have an interesting blend. (On the years when she does Callypso Noel we have a base guitar along with the usual percussion instruments.) Steve has been accompanying for several years, but this year there is a challenging finale where the choir is accompanied by a duet that will be played by Steve and Nate. Jon was roped into playing bongo drums for "Mary Did you Know?", and last night Nate was assigned the claves for the same number. The fireside is December 14 at 7:00 p.m. if anyone is interested. It will be held in our ward building, the "Lighthouse Church" (because there's a lighthouse on top); address 3900 S. 4000 West.
Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Stefanie Miller said...

I always love going to that fireside, and have made a point of going even when I am no longer in the stake. But this year is probably the first year we'll be too far away to make it! I'd love to see everyone performing. I hope it will make for a happy birthday for you, Mom!

Anonymous said...

What a nice occasion! I will put it on my calendar. I went last night to our stake's Messiah. Clay Christiansen is in our stake, and he arranged for Bountiful 2nd Ward buildilng to receive an "old" organ from Assembly Hall, which he played beautifully. 50 voice choir, organ, wonderful soloists, and the audience got to stand and sing the Hallelujah Chorus -- oh, and an orchestra of about 12 pieces, several violins, violas, 1 cello, 2 marvelous trumpeters, etc. Could not have been a better welcome to the holidays.

xoxocyhunsaker