Sunday, November 01, 2009

Guess who!



I thought I had this one on there! Can't leave it out!

7 comments:

Mary said...

What fun, Susie! The pictures are great! How fun that you have a family Halloween party--good tradition! I remember those two dresses very well--I'm glad you have them! Mother and Daddy belonged to the Bonneville Dance Club and went to a dinner dance every month. At the same time, Tom's parents were going to "The Debonaires," which was the same sort of LDS dance club in the Bay Area. They went to several nice hotels in San Francisco until they were gradually phased out. The hotels began telling them they were booked--they didn't like it that the club members didn't drink, so the hotels didn't make the profit they were used to making! Fun memories of mother and daddy going to Bonneville Dance Club! I remember mother looking beautiful every time she left the house for one of those dances.

Anonymous said...

It works for you Steve! It really does!

Anonymous said...

What a riot! I think a family directory complete with identifying photos might be in order and you just shot some of the first entries. How about it?

LeJeune

Susan said...

Thanks for the comments! I love Mimi's addition to the history, Jayne's encouragement for Steve's new "do" (it sure would be warmer in the winter!), and LeJeune's suggestion of the directory. I'd like to take a blogging class and figure out how to put comments or captions on each picture without doing each as a separate entry.
It was a wild day, in a very happy sort of way. . . Halloween detritus surounds me, and so do warm, cozy memories.

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for these photos, knowing you had the first annual Halloween party last year! Great fun! Great photos!

It was fun to hear about Bonneville Dance Club. That is nowhere in my memory, so must have started after about 1961. What a nice thing to attend.

Carolyn

Stefanie Miller said...

Hey! Great pictures, Mom. They represent the evening well. Quite a great party. Your Halloween scrapbook will start growing exponentially with all these great pictures. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

What fun entries! Thanks. So did anyone tell Nate my comment about I have a girl to line him up with? Because her homecoming was today. If you are interested, let me know. . . :)

Julie