Two months after Grandpa Hatch's 10th birthday his father passed away. When Grandpa was 17 years old his mother, Henrietta, married a man named James B. Ross. I have the simple gold band he gave her, inscribed "J to E"; James to Etta. The 1916 Canadian Census shows that James and Etta Ross lived next door to Tom and Grace Hatch.
In this picture we have James and Etta with Grace, Tom, and I assume, Tom's sister, Lucy.
Here are Mary and Henrietta with their grandma, Etta Ross.
Etta, James, and Dog.
Here are Grandpa, Grandma (behind James Ross) and their children with James B. Ross in the middle. Doesn't Henrietta (on the right) remind you of Emily in this one?We have had very little information on James B. Ross, and what we had was inconclusive. I think we knew that at some point he lived in Colorado. With the help of a dedicated ward member we found a census record with James living with his grandfather, Alexander Oliver, in Pennsylvania. It indicated Alexander was from Scotland. One thing led to another, and now we have some temple work that needs to be done. We have three men needing baptisms, confirmation, initiatory and endowments, and 6 men who need to be sealed to their parents. We also have 10 women who need baptism, confirmation, initiatory and endowments, with nine needing to be sealed to parents. We have one one marriage sealing to perform. I think it would be ideal if we could do the endowments and sealings together, which would require 3 men and 10 women. If anyone would like to do the baptisms and confirmations, or initiatory please let me know.
Please indicate if you are interested in participating in this.
11 comments:
Mom, I'd love to do baptisms, confirmations, and initiatory down here. You could send down whatever you are willing to send with Jan.
I would love to and I am sure Liz would love to also.
p.s. that is some very exciting family history!
I'd love to help as well!
Me too!! Let me know. 801-708-4160
katie's right, count me in!
Thanks for all the good work, Susan. Wonderful photos!
I would be happy to be one of the 10 women at the final session.
xoxocyh
In what city did they live next door to each other?
xoxocyh
Is the first photo James B. Ross or Thomas Henry Hatch?
xoxocyh
The first photo is James B. Ross.
I love you all for your enthusiasm for the work. I have just printed off the paper to take to the temple so they can make the cards, then I will distribute the cards. I think there will be more names as we follow his brothers and sisters.
Matt, would I send you cards or will you be in SL on any days where we could plan to do something all together?
I would also be glad to be a part. Thanks for the invite.
Post a Comment