Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Jane's 3rd Birthday

Yes! I finally accepted Jen's invitation to post and I think this is the second post I have ever made on a blog. I have these great pictures that Uncle Hugh took from Jane's third birthday last week. As some of you may remember, she was born on Thanksgiving day, and this year her birthday was on Monday the 24th. Without further ado, here are the pictures:


Beth, Josh, Jane, Rebekah
The Birthday cake- Jane requested a bunny cake.
Sisters. When Sharon said we both look like my Mom Ang said, "Yeah, Susie hotdog and Susie hamburger." I only put that because (1) it is funny and (2) this time last year I was the hamburger and Ang was the hotdog.

Two of Jane's presents: an apron and a magic wand. She LOVES this wand. We just found it today after it had been lost since the night of the party. It was in a cupboard in the buffet that we never open. I have no idea who put it there. Jane accuses Josh, but she always blames him for doing anything mischievous (like turning her alarm clock on so it blasted through the house at midnight the night we got back after they had stayed at our house for a few days- surprisingly she stayed asleep through the whole thing, but thought he probably did it when we told her about it the next day).
This last picture is Jane displaying her birthday banner, which is a tradition brought from Jan's family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE your entry on the blog! When you can. . . keep them coming!

Love,
Julie

Susan said...

Darling pictures! Funny stories! Great writing! Beautiful children! Beautiful Mothers!. . . I must be the Grandma/Mother. . .
Thanks for posting. It's a joy to read and look at!
xoxox
Mom

Susan said...

Steve said

I agree with Susie re beauty of children and their mothers. I must be the proud grandpa/dad.

Jen I said...

Hamburger and hot dog. Awesome. At least she can have a sense of humor about it! And Mimi and are are also on the Thanksgiving birthday rotation - so chances are high that one of the three of us will have a Thanksgiving day birthday almost every year!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the darling photos and stories of such darling children AND the super smiling moms.Uncle Hugh came through again.ALL the pictures were great. Thanks, many thanks from AUNT LEJEUNE in P.V.,AZ.

Anonymous said...

Darling photos! Darling people, all!

xoxocyhunsaker