It's a good thing I didn't say, "Nice prank, you really sound like her" and hang up my phone this afternoon like the Congresswoman from Florida did, twice, when Barack Obama called her. It was really Martha! I was so excited! I've been trying to be so patient since Monday and give her peace & quiet to fascilitate her healing process, while at the same time checking the blog and wishing I had Mark's cell phone number rather than Martha's. I didn't really feel like calling hers and saying, "Hey! Whatcha up to these days?" Thanks! Adri for these updates you've written. I didn't know they were here 'til Diane, my BYU roommate, emailed me today. There must be a trick to getting notified of new posts somewhere. But hey, I just figured out how to post my own posts instead of always posting anonomously because I couldn't remember my sign-in.
Martha sounded great. Her efforts and attitude are nothing short of heroic. Leave it to Martha to be a trend-setter. She said they keep telling her, "We've never had anyone do as well as you're doing having had a full stroke." She said they took her out walking in the parking lot today and didn't make it easy, taking her through a garden and purposely making her manouver away from things that could have tripped her right leg.
She did mention to pass the word to the family that she thinks she has flowers from every law firm in the city and to save our money for Christmas rather than send her flowers if we feel so inclined. She has quite a few really large boquets of roses. She said she thinks she's going home next week. Tuesday? or Wednesday?
I wish I had some Thanksgiving pictures to share from our trip to St. George. Sharon & Hugh invited us down and we had a great time. Sharon helped Katie learn to write a few letters and read books with her while Ian and Ken went fishing, catching 2 fish. Sharon, Stefanie and I even managed to slip out and see the new Nichole Kidman movie Australia, which we LOVED. What fun to see a great movie, with 2 people who also loved it, while getting a break from the kids. Sharon said Rob & Laura are in St. George this weekend working a fair. Never a dull moment at the Yancey's.
Here's praying Martha's health continues to improve. We all sure have a lot to be thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the post, Lin. I love hearing about Martha's faith and optimism. It was so nice to see your family over Thanksgiving! I loved going to the movie with you and Sharon, and only wish we could have spent more time with you. Thanks too to Adrienne for taking the time to provide such detailed info on her Mom for us.
Thanks for the update! I'm glad to hear Australia was so good. I hadn't really thought much about it until I just heard a friend (who is from Australia) say she loved it too, and now you guys! I'll have to go.
Post a Comment